SCIM Provisioned User Email Bounced - Now Unable To Enroll User

Options
aapp
aapp
Community Member

I'm embarrassed to say I've opened #PSR-25772-729 over a week ago (2/4) and replied to the ticket many times. We're multi-year business users and I've not gotten a response other than to verify my original email on 2/6.

Background - Okta mastered with SCIM to 1Password.

Issues

• When provisioning a new user, a specific new user's email bounced on the invite email from 1Password.
  • This email appears to have been permanently blacklisted on the 1Password side after the bounce.

Testing

• We did + addressing split tests on the same user (eg: saduser@domain.com). If we manually invite the same user via plus addressing (eg: saduser+goodbeer@domain.com) the invitation is delivered.
  • Provisioned new users via Okta with a configuration that would cause a bounce and would not. The user that would have caused a bounce is never able to receive an invitation 'Resend' via the 1Password console.

Semi-related

• It looks like you guys are using Amazon SES. We're an AWS partner and I totally understand this is related to SES reputation management.
  • The reason we can't just change this user's email address is that we do dynamic group membership in Okta.

Sorry to post this on an open forum, but we're out of options. If there are any additional details I can provide, or a better place to drop this, please let me know. We really just need the ability to enroll this user via SCIM.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @aapp:

First I'd like to sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you here. This definitely wasn't our intent, and we're taking a look at what could have gone wrong. I've followed up with the appropriate team, and one of my colleagues should be responding very shortly to your original email conversation, with a support ID of #PSR-25772-729. Please keep an eye out.

Jack

ref: PSR-25772-729

• aapp
    aapp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply Jack!

• You're very welcome @aapp! Please get in touch if you need anything in the future. 😀

Jack

• wwgg
    wwgg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P! Sorry to bump this post but we've run into the same issue with two new users being provisioned. I've reached out to support via the web form and email and haven't heard back. Any help with getting this escalated and hearing back from support would be much appreciated! We're currently stuck trying to onboard these new users. Thanks!

• Hey @wwgg:

I've just checked with the team, and they should have just followed up with you. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything further!

Jack

• wwgg
    wwgg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for your help getting this rolling! Have a great day!

• You're very welcome @wwgg! 😀

This discussion has been closed.