1Password windows vs 1Password Mac

AnitaGraham
AnitaGraham
Community Member

I run password on both Windows and MacOS, and within the limits of the OS standards, I expect them to work in the same way.

On MacOs if there's a password field in a browser window I can click on the icon, and 1Password mini pops up.

On Windows, even if I click the icon at the right of the window, I have to switch to my keyboard to enter ^. Why is that step required?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @AnitaGraham, thank you for this post. 👋

Can you let me know what versions of 1Password you're using on MacOS and Windows, respectively? I'll be happy to chat about this further (and will likely to be able to be more helpful) with those details established. And with that, I'll look forward to making sure that everything's working properly and that you have a workflow that works for you!

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member

Oops sorry for the long delay. On windows (Windows 10, build 19044.1586) I am using Firefox 98.02 will update to 99 when I finish this

1Password browser extension 2.3.2 (via Firefox settings/extensions), and 1Password for Windows 8.6.1.
    I'll update the mac versions when I am on that system. (Most of my issues are on the windows version).

Hope I can get the same smooth experience,
    thanks,

Anita

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member

Wish I'd got back to you sooner on this one. It looks like 1Password on the Mac/browser is doing just the same things that were irking me on Windows.
    (Mac: 1Password 7
    Version 7.9.5.BETA-1 (70905001) 1Password Beta
    1Password browser 2.3.3.)

1. If I'm in a browser login window I can't just click the 1P icon to get the browser extension open. I have to type something.
    2. If I am in the browser extension and want to change anything it opens up the 1password website. Frankly I NEVER EVER want it to do that without me explicitly going to that website and logging in by myself.
    3. I luuurve the little browser extension that used to let me do most of the things I needed to do right there.
This discussion has been closed.