The SSH beta starts now!

Options
ag_tyler
edited May 2022 in SSH

Want to hear some exciting news? The SSH beta is officially underway and we'd love to have you get started right away with testing out 1Password's SSH key management solution. However, before you jump immediately into the documentation, lets go over what you can test as part of this beta:

• SSH key item with key generation and import support
  • SSH public key autofill in the 1Password Browser extension
  • SSH agent with biometrics support

We have been testing the agent internally and have seen so much positive feedback on how it has helped improve our developer's workflows. Once your keys are safely stored within 1Password as SSH key items, the agent will work with your existing clients so that you can use your keys within your day to day workflows.

To get started on testing out these new features please head on over to 1Password’s new developer documentation here. Just as we’re looking for feedback on the SSH feature, we also want to hear your thoughts on the new docs. Let us know how things are organized, if you're able to find everything you need easily and any suggestions to make that portal more useful and efficient for you.

As always, we are incredibly thankful to have your help in testing this over the next few weeks and will be here to help with any questions and listen to your feedback (just start a new thread in this forum or in the Slack Workspace)!

Happy testing.

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Congratulations on “releasing” this beta!

• Thank you @XIII - we're so grateful to have you here to give feedback.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

This section of the forum is now called “SSH Beta”; it no longer contains the word “private”.

Has this beta gone public? (public beta?)

(Are we allowed to spread the word? I did not see a blog post yet)

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I noticed the name change and am curious too. I believe this forum topic is certainly wide open, as I noticed I could see it before logging in earlier today.

• Good eyes, @alexclst & @XIII! 🧐 Managing the ACLs here is work so we decided to simplify things.

Thanks for asking about spreading the word. We are growing the #of users but want to grow slow to make sure we can support everyone. I’d say you’re welcome to introduce this to a few of your friends that you know will love it. In the not-to-distant future we’ll be happy for you to light it up.

Cheers!

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• andreasfrangopoulos
    Options

This feature made my month. So happy!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Congratulations on releasing this! 🎉

https://blog.1password.com/1password-ssh-agent/