How to copy 1Password database from Snow Leopard to Windows

I've just bought the Mac+ Windows bundle.
All of my private information has been entered into 1Password on my Macbook.

I don't have any iOS devices, I'll only be using 1Password between OSX & Windows.
After installing 1Password on Windows, I entered my license key and was surprised to see some
of my private information already in the program, but it was far from being the latest .

1. How did my 1Password private data get onto my Windows machine? This is a brand new machine and I have never had 1Pwd installed before (I just bought the license yesterday)

2. How do I transfer the master database for 1 Password from my MAc to the Windows machine?

3. How do I keep these two machines in sync?

thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1. If you set up Dropbox syncing, your data will be synced between all your machines automatically. Without some more details it is impossible to say. Did you already set up Dropbox syncing? Just check the path to your data in 1Password's preferences.
    2. Set up Dropbox syncing.
    3. See 2. :)

On your Mac, make sure you have Dropbox installed and click the button in 1Password's preferences on the General pane to enable Dropbox syncing. Install Dropbox on your Windows machine if you haven't already. Wait for Dropbox to finish syncing on your Mac as well as your PC. your data should be in sync.

Please let me know how it goes.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I have dropbox installed. There is no button in my 1pwd to enable dropbox syncing.
    There is only an edit box to select where the datafile should go. It defaults to the dropbox folder though, so I didn't change anything
    I just need to wait for dropbox to finish. It's very slow with uploads.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you got it handled, but it also sounds like you may be using a very old version of 1Password. Please be sure you are up to date with 1Password for Windows 1.0.9.327. The button looks like this:

it will be disabled if your data is already in your Dropbox folder, but the button should still be there.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Ah. Of course you may be referring to 1Password for Mac. in version 3.8 it will say "Move to Dropbox". In 3.9 it will say "Use Dropbox" unless you are already using Dropbox. Then it will say "Stop Using Dropbox". :)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

The button is there, it is disabled. It didn't look like a button to me.
    I am running the latest 1Pwd for both Mac & Windows.
    I've just bought a license a few days ago

Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! So everything is working well then? I just want to make sure.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I think so.
    I need to print out the info from my Windows PC and form my Mac, and compare it.
    Then I'll know for sure- but it seems like we're on the right track,

Thanks again!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Keep me posted. I'd be happy to help more if necessary. :)

This discussion has been closed.