Problem Using 1Password with Chrome when Safari is chosen as my default browser

Options

Tonight with Safari was chosen as my default on my Mac Laptop using 12.2.1, I was using Chrome (with Safari closed). When I would use 1password to autofill information the website would open in Safari not in Chrome. I tried with a number of login items and the same thing keeps happening. I tried choosing Chrome as my default browser and this fixed the issue but I would like to use Safari as my default browser if at all possible. I closed my computer to tried to resolve this way and it keeps happening. It this a recent problem or has anyone else been experiencing this? Could this be a 12.2.1 problem? Do you have any suggestions for resolving?

1Password Version: 7.92
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:Problem Using 1Password with Chrome when Safari is chosen as my default browser

Comments

• Hey @JFK:

Just to confirm, are you opening 1Password mini from the menu bar, and clicking AutoFill there? If that's the case, and you don't have the 1Password classic extension installed in Chrome, 1Password mini will instead open in Safari. Let me know if you're using the 1Password classic extension, or the newer 1Password extension in Chrome, and I can go from there!

Jack

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Jack, I am using the newer 1Password extension in Chrome.

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I may have answered two quickly as I noticed I have two extensions turned on for 1Password in Chrome. The first is called the 1Password - Password Manager version: 2.2.3 and the second is the 1Password extension (desktop app required) version: 4.7.5.90

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Jack, it has been a week since I responded to your questions. Please let me know next steps. thank you,

• Jack.P_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey @JFK:

Sorry about the delay here.

Since you're using the newer 1Password extension as well as the classic extension, that might be where you're running into trouble with Chrome. We'd recommend disabling 1Password extension (desktop app required), and just using 1Password - Password Manager. If you'd like to search for a specific Login item in Chrome to use, click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar, and then search for the Login item you'd like to Open & Fill:

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that solved the problem

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JFK On behalf of Jack, you are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.