To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key not practical for multiple computers every day

RMeisel
RMeisel
Community Member

I move around at work and will use 5 to 8 differs public computers a day. I'd like to use 1password however typing the secret key as I read it from my phone at each machine is far too time consuming. Does the 1Password site require the secret key for each new device login? These machines are kiosk mode and would be signed out multiple times each day.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 pro

Comments

• Hey @RMeisel:

Generally speaking, if a computer is doing something to clear history or user data, that would require entering your Secret Key again. For example, if your web browser clears all user data on exit, accessing my.1Password.com again in the browser would require re-entering the Secret Key. If Windows itself resets all user data for the entire Windows account on log out, then 1Password for Windows would also be reset. Let me know if that answers your concerns, or if you'd like me to dig into it a bit further with you!

Jack

• RMeisel
    RMeisel
    Community Member

That does answer answer my question and sadly make 1Password unusable for this application. Thanks

• Understood; sorry about that @RMeisel. I hope you're able to find something that you're comfortable with and confident in.

Ben

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member

Maybe a portable version of your favorite (supported) browser with 1Password browser extension installed? You can carry that on a USB stick

• If the machines are in kiosk mode it seems unlikely that they would allow USB devices to be connected and applications to be run from those devices. Definitely an interesting suggestion if it is allowed, though not something I've personally tried.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.