Credit cards don't show up to fill in websites

dfontenot22
dfontenot22
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have added 4 credit cards into my 1Password vault. I have looked to make sure they are all set to "Suggest in Browser." However, when I get a form to fill out a credit card number, only 2 of my cards ever show up. It is always the same two and not the two I use the most.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Safari 7.9.2
OS Version: MacOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @dfontenot22.

Can you follow the steps below to check if you have all the vaults selected in 1Password:

1. Open & unlock 1Password 7 for Mac.
    2. Click the 1Password 7 menu on the top-left corner beside the .
    3. Select Preferences....
    4. Navigate to the Vaults tab.
    5. You can check if all vaults are selected according to your preferences.
  • dfontenot22
    dfontenot22
    Community Member

Yes. All vaults are selected.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dfontenot22, could you re-create the 2 credit card items that are not suggested? Make sure to do it from the 1Password app. After that, please test things out by going to https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple. Let us know if the 2 new credit card items are suggested there.

• dfontenot22
    dfontenot22
    Community Member

Joy_1P, I tried that with one of the cards and it seems to have worked. It is disappointing, however, that saving a credit card during a transaction on a website does not work as expected. This is generally the easiest way to add cards with sitting and going through your wallet and adding cards.

Thanks for the help. I will delete and recreate any other cards having a similar issue.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@dfontenot22 Glad to hear that re-creating the credit card items worked! There is a known issue with how credit card items are saved via a website through Safari. It appears that those credit card items are being saved with the website's URL and therefore they seem to only fill on that site. This is not how things are supposed to work. The good news is that we've reported this behavior to our developers already, and they are looking into it. Hopefully, there will be a good solution for this in the future.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope this helps a bit. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.