Safari has trouble filling at myuofmhealth.org

For some reason the 1Password extension does not seem to successfully fill the id and pw on the site myuofmhealth.org . (It works ok on Firefox and Chrome.) With Safari, I found that after selecting the correct item from the 1Password pulldown menu, reloading the page will cause it to fill. So at least there is a workaround. FYI

1Password Version: 8.6.0 (80600047 NIGHTLY)
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3 Beta (21E5222a)

Comments

• Hello @mirv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 1Password does not have trouble saving and filling your website on my end. In this case, could you please try these steps to create a new login manually for your site and see how it works?

1. Go to your website > Enter your username and Password > Right-click on the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar > Select "Save Login" > Click on "Update login" > Select "Save new item" > Save.

2. Refresh the page and try filling in using the new item.

If the new login item works, you can move the old item to the trash.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

That suggestion did not work. It still does not fill even when using a new 1Password login item that I just created manually. If I reload the page I then get the pull down menu listing the 1Password login entry choices.

One thing that is notable is that the little 1Password inline icon appears in the login field but clicking on it does nothing for this site. I just tried several other websites with Safari and they all bring up the pull down menu of login choices when I click the little icon. So it's specific to the https://myuofmhealth.org site for some reason.

Do you think I should reset Safari, ie. delete it's Library/Preferences folder and try it again with a fresh start?

• Hello @mirv,

Thank you for getting back. After testing again, I can see that selecting "Open and fill" from the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar works correctly. However, if I go to the site from the address bar, 1Password will not fill unless I refresh the page again, as mentioned in your previous conversation. I have already sent it to the development team for further investigation. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

This site works fine now. Thanks for whatever magic happened between then and now...

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

@mirv just so you know, I sometimes still see the issue, but as @Nhat_Nguyen was saying, reloading the page usually corrects the problem.
    Other websites (not many, but a few) exhibit the same behavior.

Corentin

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

@cortig Yes I agree it is happening again for me. (No id/pw fill on this page until I reload.) Either it's intermittent or something has changed in recent versions.
    I'm now running:
    1Password for Mac 8.7.0(80700101 on NIGHTLY channel)
    1Password for Safari 2.3.1 extension
    Safari 15.5 (17613.2.4.1.2)
    macOS 12.4 Beta (21F5048e)

• Hey @mirv:

Thanks for following up! I found that here, using the 1Password pop-up by clicking the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar to autofill your details works, even when the inline menu isn't. Let me know how that goes for you.

Jack

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Nope… The Autofill does nothing at all for me if the inline menu is also not working. I still have to reload the page to get it all to work.

Corentin

This discussion has been closed.