Browser extension doesn't copy password from Login entry in non-All Vaults vault

Options
blz
blz
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,
This is a very specific thing I've noticed. Basically, I have a vault which is not included in "show all vaults" or whatever the setting is called. I have a login entry in this vault which has no URL entered (intentionally), so I have to copy/paste the username and password into the site. This is all fine, but as of the most recent updates, it won't copy the password after I've copied the username and pasted that already...

1. Have 1Password (desktop app and linked browser extension) unlocked.. latest stable Firefox, if that matters.
  2. Go to website, click login... it doesn't auto-fill, as expected since I don't have a URL in the entry.
  3. Click the 1P extension button in my browser, type the entry name into the search bar... it doesn't find it, as expected, since it's in a vault that doesn't show in All Vaults or whatever.
  4. Click "search everything" to search alllll the vaults. It finds the entry.
  5. Click on the username, it pops up "copied username"... paste into the website's login form. All good so far.
  6. Click the 1P extension button again, and it's still on that login entry. Click the password to copy it, it shows the little "indentation" on the password field showing that I'm interacting with it, while the mouse is pressed down, but the "copied password" thing never pops up.
  7. Click into password field on the website, paste, and it pastes the username again instead of the password.

If I go back to the entry again, and click the password FIRST, it does copy it and then pastes successfully. But in this specific case above, it doesn't. I've even tried clicking on the password multiple times, and it just does the mouse-interaction gray/indentation thing but doesn't copy.

I hope I've described this okay... can anyone reproduce this?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @blz sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The behavior that you're describing is quite strange, but since there have been some updates to the extension since you wrote in, I'd like for you to test things out again.

Just so you know, I was unable to replicate this in the latest stable and beta releases, but I definitely want to know what your experience is. Please keep me up to date on how things go!

• blz
    blz
    Community Member
    Options

Same behavior. So strange! (Extension is now 2.3.0; Firefox 98.0.2)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blz Very weird. Can you create a screen recording of the behavior and send it over to us? I'd also like to ask you to include a diagnostics report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Attach the video and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• blz
    blz
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, it may be tomorrow before I can do it, but I'll send it

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blz Not a problem at all! Please send it at your convenience.

• blz
    blz
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I'm now on extension 2.3.2 and it's working. Weird... thank you though!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blz Glad it's working now :) Feel free to reach out again if you need help. Have a good day.

This discussion has been closed.