Bug on deactivate reddit page

Options
MattBDev
MattBDev
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I was trying to deactivate my Reddit account on their deactivate account page and I noticed that 1Password tries to suggest a new password instead of filling in my saved Reddit account details on this page.
The URL for the deactivate page is here: https://www.reddit.com/prefs/deactivate/
Here is a picture of what I see:

I believe this is a bug because I am not trying to reset my password or create a new account so it shouldn't be suggesting a new password here.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @MattBDev:

Thanks for letting us know! I was able to replicate this on Reddit, so I've filed an issue to see if we can get this smoothed out in the future. Please get in touch if you need anything in the future! šŸ˜€

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13305

• MattBDev
    MattBDev
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fast response. I hope this will be fixed in a future update to make 1Password even better.šŸ˜ƒ

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MattBDev You're welcome! As a note, it doesn't look like the bug exits on the deactivate form in an account via new Reddit. I would recommend using new Reddit as a workaround. If that's not possible, copying/pasting or dragging/dropping your login to the fields can help. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.