When my husband saves a password, it does not go to his personal vault as expected

Options
tamimd67
tamimd67
Community Member

I had two images that showed a detailed discussion of my issues (with screenshots), but I was not allowed to post any pictures.

Here is my description of my issue:

I set up my username and password and I am the Family Organizer.

My husband set up a username and password.

When I save a login at a website, I have the option of saving it to private or shared. In this case, I selected private.
When I checked, the login was in my private vault as expected.

When my husband saves a login at a website, he also has the option of saving it to private or shared. In this case, he selected private.

When he checked, the login was not in his private vault as expected.
The login was in my private vault and not accessible to him.

I am unsure of how to fix this.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• tamimd67
    tamimd67
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

But I can post the pictures in a comment. Odd.

• removed for your privacy.
  • @tamimd67

I have removed your pictures as they included possibly sensitive information.

When my husband saves a login at a website, he also has the option of saving it to private or shared. In this case, he selected private.

When he checked, the login was not in his private vault as expected.
    The login was in my private vault and not accessible to him.

This sounds like his device is signed into your account. Can you reach out to us using support+forum@1password.com and we'll be able to help you confirm this and get you on the correct path. It was also help to ensure no sensitive information is shared in the open community.

To expedite matters please send us a diagnostic from each of your devices.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: tamimd67
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127836/when-my-husband-saves-a-password-it-does-not-go-to-his-personal-vault-as-expected

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Stretch416
    Stretch416
    Community Member
    Options

This sounds kinda like my problem with my wife's computer logging into my account. I haven't worked out how to get hers logged into her own account. I will keep watching this question to see if you get an answer.

• @Stretch416

I see that you opened another thread and I recommend that you respond to my colleague Jack over in that thread so that we can investigate the issue on your wife's computer separately. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.