Clicking on 1Password icon in Safari forms has no effect

Options
dgbeecher
dgbeecher
Community Member

In 1Password for Safari: I assume that I should be able to click on the 1Password icon that appears in username/password forms in order to trigger 1Password. But lately clicking on that icon has no effect. In case it matters, I have "Offer to fill and save passwords" turned on, and "Show autofill menu on field focus" turned off.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dgbeecher! Sorry for the issues with 1Password in Safari. A couple of questions:

• Does this happen with just one site, or does it happen on all your sites?
    • Does Safari slow down or crash if you click on the 1Password icon in the username and password fields?
    • Do you have any problems unlocking 1Password in Safari?
    • What happens if you click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar? Does extension window open and work normally?

Please let me know!

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P , thanks for checking in about this.

• When this issue happens, which is sporadically, it happens on all my sites. Restarting Safari seems to be the only thing that can fix it.
    • Safari has not slowed down or crashed during my interactions with 1Password in these cases.
    • I do regularly have trouble unlocking 1Password in Safari. Definitely when the 1Password button is not responding. But also at other times, which I (and others) have reported elsewhere.
    • I believe that clicking on the toolbar icon does not work either, which is why I have to restart Safari in these cases.

Since this issue of unresponsiveness only happens sometimes, it is difficult to reproduce and give good feedback on. I'll see if I can find a pattern. If there's more information I can provide I'll come back and do so. It is pretty infrequent so I guess not a big deal.

In the meantime, is there a way to manually update 1Password for Safari? I see it's supposed to be on version 2.3.1 now, but I'm stuck at 2.3.0 and do not see a way to update.

Thanks!

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with my Safari extension as well. I just posted a thread here: https://1password.community/discussion/128072/1password-for-safari-not-showing-autofill-menu-on-field-focus#latest

But the clicking on the icon doesn't work either within the fields - the only way to autofill anything is to go to the icon in the browser toolbar and click on that, then click 'Autofill'

This discussion has been closed.