1Password for Safari not showing in Safari

Options

Comments

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

Mine has disappeared on safari on macOS. Deleted the extension, reinstalled and it’s still not showing the extension in preferences 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Jack.P_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @chris55:

Just to confirm, "1Password for Safari" is showing in your Applications folder? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac
    3. Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

1. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.

Let me know how that goes! Just as an additional note, I've split your post off into a new thread. 😀

Jack

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P
    It is in the applications folder.

When running that command I get:
    "no such file or directory:System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister"

I thought it might have been been related to OP as I swear this was fine yesterday.

1password for safari 2.3.1
    macOS 12.2.1
    M1 MacBook Air

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

Scratch that @Jack.P_1P I included the apostrophe at the end of your command. I took that off and its worked. The extension is now visible again. Many thanks.

Any idea what causes that to happen?

• Hey @chris55:

Glad to hear you caught my error right as I caught it as well 😶. We've reported this behavior to Apple, but in the meantime, if the issue does occur, running this command should get 1Password for Safari up and running again.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.