Chrome 99 and 1Password 6 for Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome Version 100.0.4896.30 (Official Build) beta won't verify.

Comments

• Philipp238
    Philipp238
    Community Member

I am still using the Chrome extension that requires the 1password app.

Unfortunately, the above problem still occurs in this version of the extension.
    Will this older version of the 1password browser extension also be updated soon?

using Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74
    and 1password extension: 4.7.5.90

• Philipp238
    Philipp238
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P thanks for your help

I am still using 1 Password 6.8.9

• Hi @Philipp238:

Thanks for confirming. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

Reaching out to our migrations team directly at support+tradein@1password.com for help upgrading to 1Password 7 would be your best bet, as they'd be able to discuss any deals or promo offers you may be eligible for. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

Just so you know, I've split your posts out into a new thread as well.

Jack

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member

Same problem with 1Password 7 for me.

• Philipp238
    Philipp238
    Community Member

thanks for your explanation @Jack.P_1P

I wrote an email to your support team.
    My support ID: [#DWD-62735-336]

They ask for a license of my product (1password6) to receive a great promo.
    I purchased 1password long time ago via the Mac App store. Any idea where to find a license?

• Hi @Philipp238:

Glad to hear they were able to offer you a great promo. Keep an eye out for their reply! 😀 To avoid duplicating efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now. Please get in touch if you need anything in the future.

Jack

ref: DWD-62735-336

This discussion has been closed.