To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Stuck in 1Password 7 license to membership process

Glassale
Glassale
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Memberships

Hello,

I apologize in advance if that's already been asked, but I'm a bit confused about how to make the transition from a license to membership. I currently own a 1P7 license, but want to eventually move on to 1P8 for which I need to get a membership.

I would like to take advantage of the license for 50% off 3 years offer and clicked that button within the app. I'm taken to the upgrade stash screen, then to the "let's get started" window. However, when I enter my email address address, I am told an account with that email address already exist and to use the sign in option instead. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't remember ever getting a membership. At any rate, when I try to sign in through Preferences > Account, I'm given the option to scan the set-up code or enter my account detail manual.

I am not signed up to an account on any of my devices (2 macs, iPhone and iPad) and therefore cannot proceed a code to scan, and manual sign in is asking for information I don't remember ever getting i.e. sign-in address and secret key.

So I'm stuck. Could someone please let me know if there's another way to access my account details (if I do have one) so I can log into it in 1P7, transfer my data from license to account update to the 1P8 Beta. (Also, did I get the order of all the necessary steps right?)

Thanks in advance for all the help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited March 2022

Hey @Glassale:

I'd be happy to help you get the ball rolling on upgrading to a 1Password membership! 😀 If you're seeing an error saying that your email is already in use, it could definitely be possible that you've previously signed up. To protect your privacy and security, we're unable to discuss account specifics here on the Support Community in public. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128030/stuck-in-1password-7-license-to-membership-process#latest.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots, and ensure your email message gets to the right place.

Jack

• Glassale
    Glassale
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Done. Support ID is [#LFM-47416-776].

Thanks!

• Thanks @Glassale!

I located your ticket, and one of my colleagues will be in touch with you soon. To avoid duplicating efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future! 😀

Jack

ref: LFM-47416-776

This discussion has been closed.