Unable to create or save SSH key

The description for browser extension version 2.3.0 says that it is now possible to create and save SSH keys. When you try to do this from the extension itself, a popup appears with the requirement to install a desktop application: https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/z7/4m2vctlm4sd7.png

And on the site my.1password.com, this option is not available at all. It turns out, cheated?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @melodyn! It's only possible to create SSH key items through the extension with the 1Password 8 app installed. This is a brand new feature - we have some more information about it here: https://blog.1password.com/1password-ssh-agent/

There are a few different things that are available via the app but are not supported at 1Password.com. I don't know if there are plans to bring SSH keys to the web portal. However, I can definitely leave feedback about this to the team on your behalf. In the meantime, I hope you can check out 1Password 8.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• melodyn
    melodyn
    Community Member

I want to specifically note that this is a Changelist of browser extension updates. When you get notified about new functionality but can't get it, it's annoying. I think if the 1Password team cannot provide the same functionality in all versions, then they can at least not declare something in the Changelist that is not actually there.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@melodyn Noted - I will pass that along to the team as well. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out about this.

• melodyn
    melodyn
    Community Member

Thanks for the support!
    It would be great if you look at my other topic, which remained unanswered

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@melodyn I will take a look. Thanks for your patience!

• ymorired
    ymorired
    Community Member

Hi! I would love if this gets looked at. I use multiple machines and some of them only have browser extensions installed, but it would be great if we could add SSH keys from browser extensions or Web UI. Having some features limited to native app makes it hard to fully integrate that to my workflow.

This discussion has been closed.