1Password Classic Extension for Chrome has stopped working - Update - Now it's OK

Options
VT1P
VT1P
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I use the licensed version of 1Password 7 on my Mac. My 1Password Classic Extension for Chrome has stopped working. I removed it from Chrome, downloaded and reinstalled it, and it is still not working. For now, I have to open 1Password and copy/paste to log into me websites - including AgileBits! As far as I can tell, my versions of 1P7, Chrome, and the 1P Classic Extension are all current. I have rebooted my Mac. Very frustrating! I also have Safari on my computer and 1P7 and the 1P extension are working fine on Safari.

Update: I just found an update for 1P 7.9.3 - now things are working again in Chrome! Happy camper.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @VT1P, I'm glad that you were able to update the app and now things are working! That's precisely what needed to be done.

Please feel free to reach out if you need help again. Have a great rest of your day!

• collincroome
    collincroome
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem on Chrome on Mac. It works in Firefox and Safari. All versions are up-to-date. What can I do?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@collincroome Thanks for reaching out. Please try the following to see if it will help:

1. Quit the 1Password app completely:
        * Open 1Password.
        * Right-click the 1Password icon in the top menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit your browser:
        * Open your browser.
        * Click the name of your browser in the menu bar and choose Quit.
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    4. Open your browser and see if the issue is resolved.

If not, can you tell me what version of the 1Password app you're using? What version of Chrome are you running?

• collincroome
    collincroome
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to the beta Version. Now it works again.

• Hey @collincroome:

Glad to hear updating to the beta version fixed it. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

• jpdworkin
    jpdworkin
    Community Member
    Options

I have the identical problem, but @Joy_1P 's solution didn't work for me. I'm on a M1 mac 11.6.4 with Chrome 99.0.4844.83. I am using 1Password 6 (I have institutional reasons for being unable to upgrade to a subscription model).

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jpdworkin, on March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. Here's some more info on this: https://support.1password.com/kb/202203/

The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date. That's why our best recommendation is to upgrade to 1Password through a membership. With that you'd be able to use 1Password in Chrome again.

I know that you mentioned you're not interested in a subscription, but if you change your mind, please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here so we can locate your ticket and help further. Thanks!

• jpdworkin
    jpdworkin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information, @Joy_1P. I will look into membership, I guess when 1P 8 comes out as I am prohibited from being more than 1 rev behind current and prohibited from using beta software.

• @jpdworkin

Our founder indicated your wait may not be long in a recent newsletter. I believe the words used were that the release was imminent.

• jpdworkin
    jpdworkin
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I need to bite the bullet. I've been a happy user since 1P3, but skipped 7 due to subscription issues.

• @jpworkin

Make sure and send my colleagues an email using support+tradein@1password.com. With you being a long term user there may be special offers available to you.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.