MacOSX Monterey, Chrome Version 99.0.4844.83, 1Pass 2.3.0 Spinning CPU Out Of Control

Options

Set up as above, 1Password runs out of control and consumes CPU when the extension is enabled in Chrome. Activity Monitor reveals rising CPU consumption and 1Password prevents quit of Chrome (have to Force Quit). Disabling the 1Password extension solves the issue.

The only other extension that I am running is BrowSec VPN, which is enabled but off when this occurs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:MacOSX Monterey, Chrome Version 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (x86_64), 1Pass 2.3.0 Spinning CPU Out of Control

Comments

• Hello @marooned,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. To ensure I have the correct assumption, can you please go to Activity monitor and confirm if the processes that run and take up CPU is 1PasswordSLSNativeMessageHost? If that is the case, I confirm that this is a known issue, and we already fixed it in the new upcoming 1Password 8. If you are interested, please go here and give it a try.

If you want to wait for the official lease of 1Password 8, please consider turning the "Integrate with 1Password app" off and using 1Password as a standalone version for the time being.

Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Settings > Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @marooned

We believe we've got this fixed up in 1Password for Mac 7.9.4. Please give that a try as soon as the update becomes available for you and let us know how it goes. It is available today for folks who update directly through the app, and will be available through the App Store as soon as it makes it through the submission & approval process.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.