Where to find troubleshooting and "reveal 1password directory in Explorer"

Options
fluttergirl
fluttergirl
Community Member

I keep getting the message "1Password couldn't complete its update" and one of the solutions is to add your 1Password folder to the allow list or whitelist in your antivirus software. In 1Password, choose Help > Troubleshooting > “Reveal 1Password directory in Explorer” to find this folder. Click in the address bar in Explorer and press Ctrl + C to copy its . These are the instructions but I'm stuck at the first hurdle - I can't find Troubleshooting and therefore "reveal 1 password directory etc..."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fluttergirl:

Are you still running into issues updating 1Password on your computer? If you are, I'd be happy to dig in further with you. It sounds like you may be using 1Password 8, rather than 1Password 7 which is what that instruction applies to. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• fluttergirl
    fluttergirl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but I think the issue has resolved itself. I can't remember how of when but it was a few weeks ago now and I don't seem to be receiving those messages anymore telling me to update. I've just logged in to see if any updates were available but I couldn't find any.

• Hey @fluttergirl:

Glad to hear that it seems to have resolved itself. Please get in touch in the future if you do run into trouble updating 1Password again. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.