To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Offer 50% ?

Options
pahles
pahles
Community Member

I'm on a Family Plan, but whenever I open 1Password I see an in-app ad to "Upgrade to an individual 1Password membership". Why am I seeing this ad? The app should know I have a valid license, the ad should not even show! Strange thing is the license in the app says it was purchased on March 20 2022, where my plan has a billing cycle on September 22.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hey @pahles:

Thanks for reaching out! The 1Password apps will display the notification to upgrade if you have any standalone vaults in your 1Password app. Would this be the case for you? Let me know, and I can dig in further with you.

Jack

• pahles
    pahles
    Community Member
    Options

I indeed have a standalone vault in the app besides the vaults in Family plan. I don't use the standalone vault anymore (copied everything to another vault) and have removed it. The notification is no longer displayed. Still, the notification is very confusing when you are on a plan.

• Hi @pahles:

Glad to hear that sorted out the notification for you. We chose to show the notification if there were any standalone vaults in the 1Password app to ensure that people were aware and migrated prior to the release of 1Password 8. Thanks for reaching out, and please get in touch if there's anything you need in the future!

Jack

• acirovic
    acirovic
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P will the local vaults and WLAN sync still be supported in 1Password 8 on MacOS? This is a critical feature for me and a deal breaker it it's not supported going forward.

• Hi @acirovic:

Standalone vaults and sync options other than 1Password.com will not be a part of 1Password moving forward.

What is the future of local/standalone vaults?

We'd be happy to chat through any reservations, but if not having local vaults is a non-starter, we're sorry to see you go. I hope you're able to find a password management solution that works for your needs, and we'll be here if you'd like to give us another chance in the future.

Jack

• acirovic
    acirovic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P, do you at least plan to support the 7.x brach and keep it compatible with 1Password.com for some time in the future? I'll hold on from upgrading to version 8 as long as possible.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @acirovic

What typically happens when a new major version is released is that development largely stops on the previous version. Technical support becomes more limited. Customer service is available in the form of assistance upgrading. As it stands, 1Password 7 works great on the latest macOS and with the currently available versions of web browsers. I cannot promise that'll continue to be the case indefinitely. Integrating so tightly with the operating systems and web browsers we support is a double edged sword in this regard. It enables us to offer the features people want, but also necessitates that we update our apps frequently in order to maintain compatibility.

Attempting to stay on 1Password 7 and standalone vaults indefinitely is not a path I can recommend, and it may not even be feasible as other software continues to evolve.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.