I want to use 1Password 6.8.9 with Firefox but says I need a secret key. I have no secret key

mediadude
mediadude
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So how do I use the 6.8.9 extension with Firefox if I don't have a 1 password account with a secret key to log in with? Posts here have said 6.8.9 and Firefox works. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Firefox for Mac and chose the extension there and then I get asked to log in with my secret key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using firefox and 1Password 6

Comments

• Hey @mediadude:

Thanks for reaching out! If you'd like to continue using 1Password 6 for Mac with Firefox, the 1Password classic extension would be your best bet: Get the 1Password classic extension

Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• mediadude
    mediadude
    Community Member

That worked for me. Thank you for the quick response. Am I correct to assume that Microsoft Edge will probably not work with the classic extension?

• Hey @mediadude:

That's correct. At this time, the only browser supported with 1Password 6 for Mac is Firefox. Using 1Password in Edge would require updating to 1Password 7 for Mac.

Jack

• mediadude
    mediadude
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

• You're very welcome @mediadude. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else you need in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.