Where do I find out how to import Roboform identities?

Options

Where do I find out how to import Roboform identities? Roboform version 9.2.4.4 1Password version 8.6.0.

I already imported most of the entries from Roboform but missed the Identities.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:Where do I find out how to import Roboform identities?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JohnHuf

1Password doesn't have a native method to import Roboform Identities.

Do you have many of these Identities? If not, it would be easiest to simply re-enter the data.

If you have many of them, the roboform converter in the converter suite will convert Roboform Identities in a form that you can import into 1Password 7 (note: version 8 does not yet have 1PIF importing). And this process, of installing the converter suite, uninstalling 1Password 8, installing 1Password 7, converting, importing, and uninstalling 1Password 7 and reinstalling 1Password 8 is too much work for just a few entries.

• JohnHuf
    JohnHuf
    Community Member
    Options

Where do I enter this general information that is not associated with a specific website? I just have one identity so it won't be hard to enter the data manually. When I come upon a form that requires a name and address does 1Password show a button onscreen or do I have to open 1Password to find it? Same with a credit card.

Also, every time I log into the 1Password Community It says I need a new password.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JohnHuf you can create an Identity to fill your name and address on forms that ask for them. You can create a credit card item to fill payment forms. Here's a helpful article on Identity and Credit Card items: https://support.1password.com/credit-card-address-filling/

The 1Password icon does appear in credit card and address fields. However, it would not appear in a name field. You can still fill name fields if you click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click to Autofill from your Identity.

As for the prompt for a new password in the 1Password Community, can you take a screenshot of that and share it with me? There's not a way to attach a screenshot to your reply. However, you can link to it, or you can email the screenshot to us at support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• JohnHuf
    JohnHuf
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have it. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

The login issue was that I manually added a login item in 1Password for 1Password Community. I used my email doe user name. Finally realized the error.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnHuf You're welcome! If you have any other questions, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.