Question re data sync and upcoming 1password for Mac 8 release

Options
fortilan
fortilan
Community Member

Hi, I read in a recent email from Dave that...
"...1Password 8 will require a subscription to our 1Password membership and will rely exclusively on 1Password.com (or .ca or .eu).
If you are still using iCloud or Dropbox or WLAN Sync, now is a great time to migrate over your data so you’ll be ready for the new release. You can trade in your license for 50% off your first 3 years by launching 1Password 7 and clicking the upgrade link..."

I have a Families subscription to 1Password but also have 1Password 7 installed on my Mac (I thought that was normal) so I am confused about the comment that I should not be using iCloud to sync my data. If I look in the settings in 1Password 7 on my Mac it still mentions that my Personal vault is associated with iCloud... but I also thought all of my data was on the 1Password cloud

Does this mean that my data is ready to go for 1Password 8 for Mac when it arrives? or should I be 'migrating' something?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hey @fortilan:

Great question! If you sign in to 1Password.com, do you see all of your vaults and items as you see in 1Password for Mac? Let me know, and I can dig in further with you.

Jack

• fortilan
    fortilan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply.

Yes, when I sign into 1Password.com in my browser (Safari on a Mac) I see all of the vaults - my personal vault and one created to share things across my family.

• @fortilan

Provided all you your data is present on 1Password.com then you'll want to remove the Primary vault from your system. The Primary vault is used for syncing standalone vaults. Do you see a Primary vault? If so, the following link will help.

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account - Removing the Primary vault.

I'd also like to mention that Apple released various updates recently. If you have not updated your device now would be a great time to do that, as there were some very important security fixes included. You indicated you are using 12.2.1 and 12.3 is available.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Update your Apple Watch, Security Updates

• fortilan
    fortilan
    Community Member
    Options

I see a Primary vault on my iPhone It still seems to be syncing with iCloud even though I don't think I have stored anything in it for a while. Is there an easy way of comparing what is in the Primary vault to my personal vault on 1Password.com ?

• Hey @fortilan:

Do you have this Primary vault added to any of your other devices still? There isn't a built in way to compare between vaults, but I can definitely understand how that would be handy. Comparing manually would likely be your best bet at the moment.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.