To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a 1Password 7 family subscription and want to understand upgrading to 1P 8

Options
mikemarsh17
mikemarsh17
Community Member

I have a 1Password 7 family subscription. I see a pop up saying "Upgrade to an individual 1Password membership and we'll give you 50% off for 3 years." When I click on the link, it mentions 1Password 8 and individual memberships. Moving forward, will I lose the ability to have a family account? I can't seem to find any information about memberships for 1Password 8 on the website. I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 8

Comments

• Hello @mikemarsh17! 👋

If you already have a 1Password Families membership then you'll be able to upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac for no additional charge when the upgrade is released. You mentioned that you see a pop-up asking you to upgrade, is it possible that you still have an older standalone "Primary" vault in the 1Password for Mac app? Standalone vaults are not part of your 1Password Families membership and should be migrated. You can check for a Primary vault on your Mac by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on the Vaults option in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
    3. Click on Switch to Vault.
    4. Do you see a Primary vault listed?

Let me know and I'll be happy to provide steps on migrating the vault to your account. 😊

This discussion has been closed.