Installed 1PW7 on new device - need to change Master PW for the app only - not entire account

Options
txlonewolf
txlonewolf
Community Member

I have 1PW7 installed on a couple devices (but it's been a while). Installed on a new device and had intended to set a password distinct from my 1PW account online. I apparently failed and the pw I need to use to unlock the desktop app is the same as my account. I chose a particularly complex pw for the account and it's about as easy to enter as a Vulcan nerve pinch while executing a double back flip in the pike position. This is not usually a problem for me since I only access my 1PW account once the app is already unlocked, however, you can hopefully appreciate how badly I'd like to get an app unlock password that doesn't feel like a final exam for a typing class.

I do not have a Primary vault on this new device.

I have a family plan and have successfully badgered the entire tribe to get on board w/ pw security.

The desired end state is:
1) to de-couple my account password from the desktop app on this machine
2) (plot twist) to allow other user accounts on the Mac mini to unlock the desktop app using their own passwords

Apologies for being sir-clicks-a-lot and borking the install as I'm guessing that's where this spun wildly off the rails.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• Hey @txlonewolf

I would love to help with this. However, I think it would be best if we continued our conversation via email for your privacy and security.

I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email. Please respond, and we can get the ball rolling from there! :)

This discussion has been closed.