To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I've just joined and never saw the secret key; i can't get it anywhere. please help.

randtoid
randtoid
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Memberships

Hi all. Having purchased the 1Password app 9 years ago i just tried to join through a membership to make life "easier" - I now seem unable to log in because I don't have a secret key which they say I downloaded on membership but never received. Please help as nervous i will lose all my passwords. Many thanks!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've just joined and never saw the secret key; i can't get it anywhere. please help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@randtoid Did you save your Emergency Kit? Are you logged into the 1Password app on any of your devices?

• randtoid
    randtoid
    Community Member

No - I attempted to save my emergency kit but i was on my iphone when joining and can't find it anywhere after a thorough look. I do have 1Password app on ipad and iphone but when i follow the instructions they seem to ask again for the secret key. Thanks for helping!!

• Hi @randtoid:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Just to confirm, are you able to unlock the 1Password app and view your passwords on any of your devices? Let me know, and I'll be able to dig into it further with you.

Jack

• randtoid
    randtoid
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. As of right now, I can still access my passwords on the iPad and iPhone apps because they don’t seem to be “connected” to the account I created yet. One option would seem to be just to quit my new subscription (as I’m in the free trial phase), then rejoin and do it properly on my computer so I can download the Emergency Kit. However, I can’t even access my account in order to cancel without the secret key. Does that make sense? Thank you again so much!

• Hey @randtoid:

If you definitely don't have any data in this 1Password account, you can delete it without logging in, but it might be best to have you email in and get connected with our Migrations team to make sure everything is migrated properly from your standalone vaults to a 1Password account. Please send an email to support+tradein@1password.com, with a brief description of your issue as well as your username here on the Support Community : randtoid, and you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our helpful assistant with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your email on our end and connect the dots.

Jack

• randtoid
    randtoid
    Community Member

Thanks Jack - will do. I’m in Australia so will do this later today. Really appreciate the help.

• randtoid
    randtoid
    Community Member

Hi Jack - the ID number is: #WPE-65646-848

Thanks again!

• Thanks @randtoid. I see my colleague Melicia has responded to your email and is awaiting your reply. Let's continue the conversation there. 👍️

Ben

ref: WPE-65646-848

This discussion has been closed.