1Password is not working on Chrome again

Options
VT1P
VT1P
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Today, when I opened Chrome, I got a message from 1P saying it could not recognize my browser. Then when I tried to log-in to a site, 1P would not go to my logins. Instead, I got a message saying I needed to add the e 1P extension. I shut down my Chrome browser, waited a few minutes, and reopened it. This time I did not get a 1P message that it could not recognize my browser, but when I tried to log-in to a site I still got a message that I needed to add the 1P extension.

I am using MacOS 11.6.5 on a Mac, with 1P 7.9.3. 1P says I am up to date. I am using Chrome version Version 100.0.4896.75.

I had to open Safari in order to use 1P to log-in and post this problem notice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VT1P it sounds like you ran into an issue that came with a recent update to Chrome. That said, if the message that 1Password does not recognize your browser no longer appears, then that issue should be resolved.

The issue with the message about adding the 1Password extension to your browser is separate, and we can help look into it more. Where are you seeing that message pop up specifically? Does it appear when you click on the 1Password icon at the top menu bar of your screen? Additionally, what version of the extension do you have installed in Chrome?

This discussion has been closed.