1Password V8 Feature Request - Section & Field Movement

joel_wraightjoel_wraight
Community Member

Hi 1Password,

Hope you are well. I am not sure whether or not this is the best place to put a feature request but I saw another person put one here so thought I would.

I have a really crucial feature request that is really important to me and a lot of other people. Something that worked fine and existed in V7 but not in V8. I and many others store A LOT of information in 1Password. Some login objects contain dozens of sections and fields. Especially my server objects. I am still running V7 because V8 has removed the ability to move sections and fields up and down. This is absolutely critical when it comes to organisation and management of the information contained within the product and objects. Both for personal and business users.

I have used 1Password since it was a perpetual purchase on iOS. Many, many, many years. I currently have 923 objects inside my personal vault. However, this feature is so important to me that I will have no choice but to move away from 1Password to a different product if V8 doesn't introduce it. I am a self employed IT Systems Engineer / MSP. I recommend & procure products like 1Password to many of my customers. But currently, I can't recommend the 1Password product given V8. I have just finished a contract for a company called Wheatley Solutions. You will be able to see on your systems that we had a Business Trial with yourselves but chose not to go ahead. This issue with the section and field movement is a big reason why we couldn't go ahead. We were worried once V7 was depreciated completely that we would be stuck with V8 and have no ability to organise our data contained within the product.

It would take me months and months to migrate my 1Password data to someone else such as Keeper so I really, really do not want to do this but I will have no choice if section and field movement isn't reintroduced into V8. It feels like V8 has prioritised aesthetics and minimalism over functionality. The V8 product looks amazing, it really does, but is currently unusable to me and so many others.

I really, really hope you will pass this request onto the relevant teams. I passed this information onto our Business Account Manager with yourselves during the trial but we didn't hear anything back. I also emailed this same feedback to your support team some time ago who said they had passed it onto the relevant people. I also didn't hear anything back from them.

All the best,

Joel Wraight

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @joel_wraight

I appreciate your passion for 1Password, and your desire to use it to organize your secure data. Re-ordering custom fields/sections is on our roadmap to reimplement in 1Password 8, but we don't have an ETA.

Ben

ref: IDEA-I-372 ref: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/634206/#Comment_634206

• RkRRkR
    Community Member

Thanks Ben!
    I'm also in the same situation as @joel_wraight with 938 items stored in 1Password.
    I therefore look forward to the reintroduction of the possibility of re-ordering fields and sections in a personalized way.

• joel_wraightjoel_wraight
    Community Member

Yeah, i'm still hoping it will be introduced soon. Seems like something quite strange to leave out the mainstream release of V8. I'd imagine it's quite an important part of the program for a lot of people. I'm still using V7 because of this and hoping V7 support isn't stopped until V8 introduces this feature. I have a Linux / Ubuntu PC as well, but V7 isn't supported at all any longer on Ubuntu so I have to use the web version when using that PC. Which isn't great :(

• SafetySafety
    Community Member

i totally agree to joel...
    Please reimplement it very soon. Miss it.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @Safety / @joel_wraight / @RkR:

Thanks for your feedback! I've shared your thoughts on the internal item Ben mentioned above.

Jack

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file