Feature request: fill in browser from CLI

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Shortcuts on Wayland.

Comments

• visualsspans001
    visualsspans001
    Community Member

Hi! Is it possible to add fill in browser command to the CLI? It is quite annoying to have to use the mouse (or down button) whenever I need to fill in some blank. I would like to set up my own shortcut that would fit better into my workflow.

• Hey @visualsspans001,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, and I apologize for the long wait.
    Can you please explain, in more detail, how do you envision such a feature?
    What would the fill in browser command do exactly?
    I assume you would like to programatically call this command from an automation script? I'd love to know more about your use-case.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Best regards,
    Horia

• visualsspans001
    visualsspans001
    Community Member

fill in browser would perform Fill in Browser action as defined in Settings/General/Keyboard Shortcuts/Fill in Browser of GUI (see first screenshot below). It should fill in password on the opened website.

I would like to use shortcuts on Wayland and was coming from this article. From the screenshots below, we can see that there are four available shortcuts in settings, one of which is called Fill in Browser. However, that api is not exposed in the CLI interface meaning I cannot use the method described in that article to set up a shortcut for this method.

• Hey @visualsspans001

Thanks for sharing that use case. The CLI does not yet have any APIs exposed to Wayland, but your comment has inspired us to start looking into it.

We will chat with our Linux client team to see whether or not this is technically feasible.

For the time being, I would like to further understand your use-case. Is there a reason why you would prefer the CLI to expose the API instead of using the OP8 APIs?

This discussion has been closed.