To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question about deactivating devices

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Memberships

When I go to my.1password.com and then go to My Profile, I see my 3 computers (2 macs and a windows 10) and my iPhone. But I also see several Chome and Safari items. I would like to deactivate the ones that haven't been accessed in a long time (see screenshot).

What does "deactivation" actually do? I assume having a bunch on my list doesn't hurt anything, but I just want to clean things up. There is one weird thing, I know that I used 1Password in Safari on my MacBook today, but all the Safari items indicate they were last accessed 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

One last weird thing. The top Chrome item in the list indicates "your current device" which is on my MacBook Pro which is running macOS 12.3.1, but in the list, it shows macOS 10.15.7. (not pictured is the mac entry that actually shows the right version of the OS: macOS 12.3.1. Is this normal?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ajahn:

Great questions! Deauthorizing devices will require the Secret Key (and two-factor authentication) if enabled again on those devices.

As for why you're seeing 10.15.7, browser vendors made a choice to cap the reported macOS version in the user agent (which is what 1Password in the browser uses to determine the version of macOS) at 10.15.7, as reporting version 11.0.0 for Big Sur and 12.0.0 for Monterey would occasionally cause issues with sites expecting macOS's major version to stay at 10 for the foreseeable future. If you'd like to see exactly what your user agent is as reported by your browser, you can Google my user agent to view the same thing 1Password in the browser would see.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Jack

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ajahn Yes deauthorizing all those extra browser sessions will help you clean this up for myself, it shows three separate Firefox profiles, my Mac and my iPhone, this is my favorite page in 1PW on the web as it gives great details of each device and last access is great to help you determine an older browser session if you have a lot. Also, if you get a new computer or phone, the deauthorize helps clear out the old device and clear your data from it.

• Hey @tomatoshadow2:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 😄

Jack

This discussion has been closed.