Is there a way to make 1pass "save" my password but not ask to use it?

Options
carboncow
carboncow
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am really annoyed with the extension in safari for 1pass. It gets squirrel'd up all the time and I have to hit my finger print button 2 and 3 times making all the 1pass windows go away. Apples Safari solution works much better for remembering login but I do prefer 1pass as my go to tool for storage as a vault of everything important.

So when I create a new login I want safari/keychain to remember it (as it does) then 1pass somehow but I don't want to see 1pass silly little icon when try to login. It leads to drama 24.6% of the time.

No haters please. 30 year IT veteran here and been using 1pass for some time.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 12.33.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @carboncow! I'm sorry to hear about what's going on. If the inline menu pops up in a place where it should not (such as via a field that you'd not fill), please let us know about it so we can report the issue to our developers.

That said, if the inline menu shows up correctly but interferes with your normal workflow, it can be dismissed with the following actions:

• Press ESC on your keyboard.
    • Click on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field.
    • Click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off.

If you'd like to take things a step further and prevent the inline menu from automatically appearing, this can be done with the following:

1Password for Safari
    1. Right-click the extension's icon on the top right corner of the browser and select Settings.
    2. Go to Autofill and turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option there.

Safari App Extension
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.
    3. Make sure "Show inline menu" is checked.
    4. However, please leave "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" unchecked.

With that, the inline menu will only be "summoned" if you click on the 1Password icon. It will not appear automatically, so you should have a better experience.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.