1Password on Mastodon

QR code scanning isn't functioning on 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700049, on BETA channel

2»

Comments

• davidparkedavidparke
    Community Member

Throwing my hat in the "this isn't working" bin. My workaround was scanning the QR via the iOS app. Seems silly.

• BikrBikr
    Community Member

Yup, this is totally broken in 1Password on macOS. Please fix!

• sihobbssihobbs
    Community Member

Zooming in worked for me.

• BikrBikr
    Community Member

I wish zooming worked. but I just tried it and no luck. Neither did the copy-to-clipboard trick. So I still can't enable one-time codes on Backblaze. 😔

I just submitted a support ticket to 1Password.

• SteveDeWaldSteveDeWald
    Community Member

Totally broken. Losing support for QR codes is a deal breaker. You're going to lose me as a customer.

• pctonypctony
    Community Member

I have found that this is broken 100% of the time when MacOS stage manager is enabled. As soon as I disable that detection works. Clearly this is not a workable solution.

• BikrBikr
    Community Member

I was finally able to scan Backblaze's QR code by using the 1Password Chrome extension, instead of the Mac app, which I was trying to use.

The purple "Two-Factor auth available" banner didn't go away automatically (had to click "Ignore") but at least it's set up now. 🙌

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

I'm sorry for the late reply in this thread. For those who are still facing this issue today can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you using an external monitor?
    2. If you are using an external monitor then is 1Password on the same screen as the QR code that you're trying to scan?
    3. Can you post the URL of one website whose 2FA QR code 1Password 8 for Mac reliably fails to scan on your Mac?
    4. Which specific version of 1Password 8 is installed? (Click 1Password > About 1Password)

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• BikrBikr
    Community Member
    edited January 26
    1. Yes, I'm using an Apple Studio Display as a second monitor.
    2. The 1Password main window and the Chrome browser tab with QR code are both on the Studio Display. But I did just try it without the external display (so both windows are on my MacBook) and I still get the "QR code detection failed" toast.
    3. URL: https://secure.backblaze.com/account_settings.htm is the base page but the QR code is in a modal on top of that page (see below).
    4. 1Password version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)

• jholtslanderjholtslander
    Community Member

Although I’d previously had issues with having QR codes scanned successfully regardless of whether or not 1Password is on the same monitor or not, I tried it this morning on Hootsuite and it worked with both the app and the QR code on the same screen. (But still didn’t if they were on separate screens.)
    I’m on 8.9.13 for Mac

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

@Bikr and @jholtslander

Thank you for the replies! So that I can investigate further and file an issue with our development team I'd like to ask you both to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• BikrBikr
    Community Member

Hey Dave,

I emailed that address on Fri, Jan 27 @ 6:52 PM MST but have not yet received an auto-response. Let me know if I need to do something else.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@Bikr

Your report is here. I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible. Our system combined it with an earlier correspondence. Hence not receiving a new support id. I'm trying to get that sorted.

ref: VTM-18854-439

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file