Move item within the same vault

AustriaXXL
AustriaXXL
Community Member

Hello,

how can I move a stored item from e.g. "Credit Cards" to "Bank Accounts" within the same vault?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• Ricky_1P
    edited April 2022

Hi @AustriaXXL thanks for testing out the iOS 8 beta!

I just wanted to get some clarification on what you would like to do, are you looking to change the item's Category from Credit Card to Bank Account?

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Hello @Ricky_1P , sorry that I did not express my query clearly.

"Categories" are provided to store items respectively. What I want to do is, that I move an entry from one category to another.

• Ah, thank you for the clarification @AustriaXXL :)

It is not possible to change the Category of an item. Categories are like templates. They define which fields and item will have. Since no two categories have the same fields there's a lot of work we would have to do to create a transformer in order to save and translate as much information as possible.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Any advice on how to handle this?

For example my bank recently dropped username/password for other means of login (QR codes, physical devices). This means I now have a Login item which username and password are no longer used. This item has a lot of custom fields though, so I’d rather not create a Secure Note from scratch…

• @XIII Personally, I would remove the Username/Password field (or if concerned about keeping this I would duplicate the item and archive the original so you will have it in case you need it). Then just remove the website field(s) so it won't show up in AutoFill suggestions.

Another option, if that does not work is if you go to 1Password Settings > Advanced and enable Show debugging tools this will give you the option to Copy item JSON from the Item Details overflow menu. It isn't the best but a good way to grab all of the information all at once to put into a secure note and format as you wish.

I hope that is helpful!

This discussion has been closed.