in the chrome browser plugin one of my accounts is locked, cannot find a workflow to unlock

Options
welchatquietplease
welchatquietplease
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Here's what my accounts look like in the browser plugin Settings:

I am signed into both accounts in the Mac desktop 1password application. I can't figure out how to get the browser extension to unlock that second account. This has not been a problem in the past, but began with most recent chrome updates. I tried the "sign into another account" link, but it ultimately sends me to the 1password desktop app, which is already signed into the account.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.4 (70904001) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: version 2.3.2
OS Version: macos 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:locked

Comments

• Hey @welchatquietplease.

May I confirm if your two accounts have different passwords? If so I strongly recommend changing them to the same one for convenience. Here's a helpful discussion on our community: Two accounts - now needs two different passwords every time you login? — 1Password Support Community

As mentioned in the discussion above, the 1Password 7 for Mac can currently unlock two accounts with different passwords at once. However, for our future development and safety measures. The 1Password 8 and the extension in the browser (if you use it as a standalone 1Password) will need to unlock each account separately when they have different passwords.

Can you try it again after changing to the same account password?

This discussion has been closed.