I don't understand why Browser add-on won't sync after an entry change

doio
doio
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Whenever I made some changes in 1Password 8, like a password, 1Password Extension for Browser would not sync the change and I had to close completely 1Password app for the browser add-on to re-communicate and sync the changes.

Why won't the browser add-on fetch new changes in real-time? Or is there any way to manually sync the changes without having to close the main application?

1Password Version: 80700112
Extension Version: version 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @doio,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience it caused. It does sound like there is a connection error between the desktop app and 1Password in the browser.

When you unlock the 1Password desktop app and open up the browser, does the extension unlock automatically for you?

Can you also check if the integration feature is turned on. Here are the steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. In the General section, make sure the Integrate with 1Password app is ON.

Let me know how it goes.

• doio
    doio
    Community Member

Hi @kevin.li ,

Yes the Integrate with 1Password app is ON and when I unlock 1Password desktop app, and then open my browser, the browser extension is already unlocked. If desktop app is locked, the browser extension will also call the desktop app and asks for unlock.

Everything is set, it seems, but this issue still persists.

The browser extension is simply not updating my entries and their changes.

Just now I duplicated a login to see if the browser extension fetched it, but no it didn't. The duped item only appears if I close the desktop app and then unlock. It seems to me the browser extension only fetches new items and changes upon unlocking.

This is happening to me all the time and it's really painful.

I am using Firefox 99.0.1 (64bit), if it helps at all.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @doio - Thanks for following up on Kevin's steps. It is certainly odd changes are not being synced, even when the app integration is working as expected.

At this point I think it's worth it to dig in a little further. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC, and a console log from your browser:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• doio
    doio
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Oh I think I figured this out. Another proxy-related issue.

I configured Firefox to use HTTP and HTTPS proxies and the same for a SOCKS5 proxy, in the console log for 1Password in my browser, the add-on was trying to connect to wss://b5n.1password.com/ and I think it was using the SOCKS5 proxy I set but something's wrong and it seems the SOCKS5 proxy was not able to handle such protocol and so it failed and the log wrote:
    Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://b5n.1password.com/*

I removed the SOCKS5 proxy and made some changes in the 1Password Windows app and now everything's fine, the add-on now communicates with 1password.com and fetches any data that were altered.

Thank you for all your help! :)

• Hi @doio,

Thanks for letting us know the good news.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.