SSH Key prompt not appearing

Options
taklameow
taklameow
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

I am facing this issue since the Beta release #14 last week.

1. I connect my 2020 Intel Macbook Pro to an external monitor and prefer using it in clamshell mode. The dialog to Allow the SSH key to be read never appears anymore for me. If my Vault is locked while trying to open the Vault the password field never gets enabled. It just keeps spinning. Only if I keep my laptop lid up, it provides me the laptop to use my Touch ID. In those cases everything works fine. This wasn't the case till the previous beta releases.

2. I just setup a new Mac Studio. I installed 1password for Mac. All browser extensions working fine. I setup the SSH_AUTH_SOCK as well as the ssh config file entry after enabling SSH from the Developers panel in Preferences. Using "ssh-add -l" I can see all my SSH keys loaded fine. However I try to SSH to my hosts, the dialog to Allow the SSH key to be read never appears for me. I tried from iTerm2, IntelliJ and Terminal. It just never works. Now unlike the laptop, in this case, I do not have an option of Touch ID. So in effect, the SSH agent is unusable. I manually had to extract the private keys and use them.

Is there anything I am missing or is this a bug in the current beta version.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• That's odd. Do you see anything appear in the 1Password logs when you invoke an SSH command? On macOS: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/logs/1Password_rCURRENT.log

And do you encounter any different behavior when you have the 1Password app window open while you invoke an SSH command? And do your SSH commands immediately fail or do they hang forever?

This discussion has been closed.