Password Generator Default settings

Options

Pretty sure it's been asked before, but not finding the exact answer I'm looking for—so please feel free to direct me to the correct thread as needed.

Why can't I set the desired default settings for passwords generated? Especially in Browser for new/updated passwords. Often I go from much more secure ones to less secures ones, due to the 1PW default setting. Why not let users go more secure?

1Password Version: 8.7.0-95
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.5 beta

Comments

• Hello @krusnof,

I am happy to say that with the new "1Password for Safari", you can set the rules for your suggested password. You can try these steps to do that.

Select the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Select the key icon at the top > generate your password > select Random or another password type > Adjust it accordingly to your liking> Toggle the "use as default for suggestions" option.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Nhat_Nguyen thanks for that. I should probably have specified that I wish the "smart password" would automatically aim to do the max amount of characters allowed. Since now using "random" will not be smart and try to aim for the right combination of password requirements. But thanks for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.