Don't override chrome passwords

I've recently switched to the new 1PW chrome extension from the Classic extension.

Right now it appears that I can either use 1Password OR Chrome password/autocomplete. I really appreciated the way the old extension worked, which allowed me to use Chrome autocomplete for most fields but 1PW for password fields.

Is there anyway to get back the old behavior? I find myself enabling and disabling 1PW just so that I can get autocomplete functionality back.

This has been a major quality of life hit for me.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @markwoon,

Generally, we recommend using 1Password for all filling jobs since it is better and more secure than letting your browsers do that. However, if you want to, you can try these steps to make 1Password leave some of the filling to your browsers.

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar > Settings > General > Switch off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.

2. open your browser > copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill > Press enter / Return > Turn on the "Autofill" option you want.

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

Thank you!

• On behalf of Nhat, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.