Browser Plugin Compact Mode?

Options

In the 1Password Desktop 8.7 update, we received a compact mode and it's great. I'd prefer if it was a little more compact, but I still like it better than the default. Thanks for that!

I was wondering, is a compact mode planned for the browser plugin? If not, I'd love to throw that out there as a feature request.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• @tonycoculuzzi

We're delighted to hear that you're loving the changes with 1Password 8. To make sure I understand correctly, are you referring to Quick Access from your macOS menu bar? Can you elaborate a bit more on what the use case would be for a more compact pop-up in the browser? Is there anything that Quick Access isn't able to do for you in this case?

• tonycoculuzzi
    tonycoculuzzi
    Community Member
    Options

No sorry, I'm talking about the browser add-on. It'd be nice if the browser add-on had a compact mode to make it a little less bubbly and fit a little more of the UI on screen at once.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonycoculuzzi Hmm, is there a specific part that you'd like to see removed from the browser extension, or are you looking for a way to perhaps resize the extension window? Do you have an example of how you'd like the extension to appear?

The more details you provide, the more specific I can be when filing a feature request for our developers to review. Please do let me know if you can!

• tonycoculuzzi
    tonycoculuzzi
    Community Member
    Options

Compact mode usually works by reducing the padding and margins around certain UI elements. I'm just suggesting that the browser plugins could make use of the same approach to a "Compact mode" that 1Password 8 desktop application does.

• Hi @tonycoculuzzi:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I've added your thoughts to an internal discussion we have on the topic.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1099

• tonycoculuzzi
    tonycoculuzzi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P!

This discussion has been closed.