1Password Mac Chrome Touch ID

1Password updated to v8. No matter how many times I restart, close apps, sign in, disable, enable Touch ID, I never get an option to unlock the browser extension with Touch ID. Integrate with Password app toggled several times. Touch ID on the computer toggled several times.

There clearly is no link between the browser extension and the app, as the extension always has to be unlocked separately, regardless of the state of the app.

It works fine in Safari.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Tabooze - Thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry for the trouble you've run into.

I've got a method that will refresh the connection between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password app, and works to solve this type of issue most often. Here's the steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults".
    4. Sign out of your account and Sign in again.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. Once your computer turns back on, continue with the following:

1. Open and sign into the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Then go ahead and re-open the web browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" option again.

Let us know how things go. 🙂

• VoteForPresident
    VoteForPresident
    Community Member

I've same problem. I've tried every step above and even installed the beta extension but still touch id isn't working. The extension always asks for the password.

• Hi @VoteForPresident,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you confirm if you are able to successfully unlock your 1Password desktop app using Touch ID?

Could you also let me know which browser and version you are using?

Thank you!

• VoteForPresident
    VoteForPresident
    Community Member

Yes, the touch id just working perfectly with the 1Password desktop app. I'm using the opera browser with version no. 92.0.4561.21.

• Hey @VoteForPresident,

Thank you for confirming this. Opera isn't one of our fully supported browsers therefore 1Password 8 for Mac does not directly integrate with it. This means although you can use 1Password in Opera, you will not be able to use the integration features such as Touch ID. We have an open feature request to add support for this browser so I will add your voice to this.

In the meantime, you can see our fully supported browsers here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ref: IDEA-I-422

• VoteForPresident
    VoteForPresident
    Community Member

Beside touch id, is it possible to just sync with the desktop app? If the desktop app is unlocked the browser extension is still locked. For now it would be helpful if at least the sync for the status works.

• @VoteForPresident

The feature that will not work is the integration with the desktop app, this includes the shared lock state and Touch ID.

I have passed on your feedback, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.