What are the Family Plans User Roles

Options
yanisdeplazes
yanisdeplazes
Community Member

Hi, I would like to upgrade to the Family Plan, but I'm wondering exactly what the user roles are. Can someone quickly describe what roles there are and what they are capable of doing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @yanisdeplazes

I appreciate your interest in expanding your 1Password usage and consideration for helping your family get on board. 😃 We have a guide that goes over this subject here:

About family organizers in 1Password Families

The short version is that there are three categories that are relevant for families:

• Family Organizers: Generally the "IT person" or people in the group. Have the ability to invite and remove family members (including other Family Organizers), and can assist with account recovery. Can give themselves access to any user created vaults (but never have access to anyone else's Personal/Private vault).
    • Family members: Can create and share vaults with other family members, but cannot invite or remove people from the membership. Cannot assist with recovery.
    • Guests: Do not have their own Personal/Private vault within the membership. Only have access to a single shared vault. Counted separately from the others for billing purposes.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.