No "save in 1Password" option when suggesting a new password

Options

I am on a Mac using the most recent version of Firefox. I am trying to use 1Password8 for the first time. I have it installed as an extension, and my preferences say to suggest and save new passwords. When I go to do that on a website, it offers a strong password, but below that there is no "save in 1password" button. There's just the one button with the password being offered. And when I click on that, nothing happens. This occurs for every website I've tried. I have the same problem when I try Evernote. I have reviewed other community support items, and I can see that there is supposed to be a "save to 1password" button below the strong password, and I don't have that. I've tried restarting everything.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lisafeld1! The option to save the suggested password would not appear in the inline menu. Instead you'd have to click on the suggested password and then 1Password will prompt you to save it to your account. Here's a short video showing this: https://share.cleanshot.com/2MOz2B

Can you go to our test form at https://fill.dev/form/registration-username and see if you get the same behavior as I do from the video? If not, can you create a brand new profile in Firefox, install only 1Password in it, and then test out the form again?

Let us know how that goes!

• lisafeld1
    lisafeld1
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi Joy, when I click on the suggested password, I do not get a save option. Attached is a screen shot of what happens after I click on it. I'll try to create a brand new profile in Firefox and see if that works. Thanks!

• lisafeld1
    lisafeld1
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

The new profile works! Could it have been the Privacy Badger extension that broke 1Password? I don't want to give that up.

• Hi @lisafeld1:

I wasn't able to immediately replicate this with Privacy Badger. By any chance, do you have local learning enabled in Privacy Badger?

Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.