Face ID is not working. [Should now be fixed in 1Password 8.10.0-52 update]

Options

Comments

• 00pertbalsa
    00pertbalsa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue with 1Password 8 on my iPhone (iOS 15.6). And I think more people are having the exact same issue.
    Every time, Face ID would pass but still shows "that didn't work..." and prompts me to enter the password again. It's very annoying.
    I don't know what's the cause but I also have 1Password 7 installed on my iPhone which works just fine using FaceID.

• beeblebrox
    beeblebrox
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem here. Any update? Seems like this should be a priority especially since PIN has now been removed. App is basically unusable. Have to enter my full length password every time - hopeless.

• ImJohnHime
    ImJohnHime
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. Posting to be notified if a fix is made.

• ImMark
    ImMark
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same issue (iOS 15.6.1) FaceID fails and requires password entry. App is not usable in this state

• dani22342
    dani22342
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem. I updated my 1Password 8 on my iPhone 11 (running iOS 15.6.1) and now every time it locks, I need to enter the master password and the Face ID doesn't work. Like this, it's unusable. It doesn't make sense. Obviously I have set up Face ID on the iPhone and activated it on the 1Password app, and I have tried to delete the app and reinstall it (then the first time it asks me if I want to use Face ID and I say yes). However, Face ID still doesn't work...

I tried to send the diagnosis as indicated above, but it says that I need to set up a mail app on my device (however, I have GMail as the default email app already). I don't know what to do...

Nothing works... come on... 1Password is my favourite app ever... but like this it's unusable...

Please fix this.

Thanks
    Daniel

• Hi @dani22342:

You need Mail.app (the default iOS Mail app) installed and configured with an account available to send a diagnostics report in. We're still continuing to investigate, and hope to know more soon.

Jack

• dani22342
    dani22342
    Community Member
    Options

In case this is of any help to other people, I have to say that I managed to re-install the previous version of 1Password (not version 8) and now I have both versions on my iPhone. The previous version works perfectly with Face ID, so at least I can use that until the problem is fixed with version 8...

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here.. 15.6.1 .. after a reset of Apple settings this has started happening on an iPhone of ours. Insanely frustrating.
    App is unusable basically now..

• kennonb
    kennonb
    Community Member
    Options

@xyzulu I think this might be the ultimate culprit for me. I reset my network settings while traveling in June, which is when the beta stopped working for me. I thought it coincided with an update but now you have me thinking that it’s actually related to resetting my settings. Not sure how to fix it at this point though. 😞 Hopefully the devs will figure it out soon.

• mikiwa
    mikiwa
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I recently upgraded to 1password 8. Every time I access 1Password, the FaceID scan is successful but 1Password doesn't log me in. Instead, I see a quick flash of a message on the login screen: "That didn't work. Check your password and try again." followed by "You need to enter your account password before you can use FaceID."

Here's a video of what I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltfoww27cwbox1d/1password 8 issue.mp4?dl=0

I'm using iPhone Xs running iOS 15.6.1.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
    Extension Version: 2.3.7
    OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
    Browser:_ Edge

• CaptainJD
    CaptainJD
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this is potentially very similar to, or related to FaceID issues raised in this topic;

https://1password.community/discussion/132671/v8-face-id-fails-often-when-it-shouldnt#latest

• WaitingForGuacamole
    WaitingForGuacamole
    Community Member
    Options

Production channel version is also broken. I did the following to get the cleanest (?) installation under the circumstances:

1. Disable Face ID in the app (not the phone itself)
    2. Signed out of 1password in the app
    3. Uninstalled the app
    4. Reinstalled the app
    5. Launched the app
    6. My old account appears as an option (hence the question mark next to "cleanest" above), ignore it
    7. Choose "sign in with a different account"
    8. Sign in with secret key and master password

No joy.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for following up. We're still actively investigating this, but don't have anything to share just yet.

Jack

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

Latest update today DOES NOT resolve this issue.
    This is quite unusual.. 1Password are receiving many reports and as best I can see, they say they can't yet replicate this issue.. still only actively investigating.

• BobbyTBrown
    BobbyTBrown
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Version 8.9.3 still doesn’t resolve the Face ID issue. I am now back to using Version 7.9.8, which has been working very well.

I am a tad disappointed that this hasn’t been resolved yet.

I am using iPhone 11, iOS15.6.1. I had Version 7 on my phone when I installed Version 8. Could their credentials/iOS keychains (not iCloud keychain) somehow got mixed up causing Face ID on Version 8 not to work?

I’ve reset my Face ID multiple times in combination with turning the Face ID option in the app on and off to no avail.

• bright6
    bright6
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

The faceid unlock not working after I changed my faceid on my iPhone 12 pro max. It always show below message after face id authenticate successfully.
    Have tried uninstall and reinstall. Doesn't work.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• David45
    David45
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I have this after I reset my iPhone settings and I had to redo the faceid.
    I tried all suggestions in the thread nothing seems to work.

I wanted to go back to 1password 7 but is it not available in the store?

After uninstalling and re-installing the 1 password 8. It still remembers my account. I only have to type in the password.
    So it seems not all data is wiped when uninstalling.

I sent a diagnostic report via the app.

The software is almost unusable like this as I have a very long password and I cannot type it every time.

Thank you

• Hey @David45 :

I've located your ticket and sent a reply. Thanks so much!

Alvin

ref: RNJ-79685-189

• mikiwa
    mikiwa
    Community Member
    Options

Where you at with the Face Id issue? It's been a month. This issue is a deal breaker. Having to type master password every time I need to access 1Password is terrible. Plz fix this soon!!!!!

• 00pertbalsa
    00pertbalsa
    Community Member
    Options

Still experiencing this issue on iOS 16.0
    is there any timeline to fix this? 1Password 8 is unusable in such state, and I believe many more users are having the same frustration.

• wilford
    wilford
    Community Member
    Options

Using 1Password on my iPhone 14 Pro with IOS 16.01 I have the same problem. Every time I log into 1Password I have to type in my very long password, very annoying...
    I've tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install, but that doesn't help.

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

How is this still not fixed? I'm shocked really...

• yuleihit
    yuleihit
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. It seems bug not fixed during months. What’s the meaning for subscription

• Ben
    Options

Hi all,

We believe we've identified the root cause of the issue and hope to have more to say soon, though unfortunately I couldn't promise a fix on any specific timeline. It is encouraging though that engineering now has a good idea of what the problem is and how to fix it.

Ben

• pronfi
    pronfi
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please provide an update for the bug? It's a pain in the ass to write my 1password over and over again. We have like 2 months with the issue

This discussion has been closed.