Multiple login emails being offered

SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel
Community Member

So, this happens on all my 1password platforms. I open a website for which I have a login. Under the login field, 1password offers me different login in emails, but it’s always the same wrong logins. I ignore them, go to 1password and it gives me the correct saved login. This happens whenever I’m offered email login options, but not if I go to 1password directly. Hope I’m explaining this in a way that is understandable. Jerry.

Comments

• Hey @SecretSquirrel :

Can you check your vaults in the 1Password for iOS app to see if you have multiple Login items for the website you're referring to? If you only have the one Login item for that particular website, can you attach a screenshot to your reply of what you're seeing when you attempt to AutoFill?

Please be sure to mask any private information in the screenshot. Let me know if you have any questions!

Alvin

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I think these are suggestions for email adresses you are using in 1Password. The extension is detecting an email field and so is suggesting email adresses. Don‘t know if this is a bug in this case, isn‘t it? 🤔

• @secretsquirell

Which version of 1Password is this? 1Password 7 or the early access version 1Password 8? Sorry this was not clear to me.

My initial thought aligns with DenalB. Are these addresses stored with 1Password?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

It could be that the field is detected wrong from 1Password in the browser. Let me give you an example...

If there exists a login in 1Password for the website, this login is suggested for autofill.

If you don't have a login and want to register an account, 1Password is suggesting you usernames / email addresses that you are already using in 1Password.

That's a feature. But 1Password should detect if you want to log in or if you want to create an account.

But it would be great, if you could disable such suggestions. Maybe someone from 1Password could create a feature request or add a vote for this? 😁

• Hi @SecretSquirrel:

Indeed, you're seeing email addresses from your Identity items. If you're willing to share the site, either here or if you'd rather keep it private, via email at support+x@1password.com, we'll be able to take a closer look and collect some details about the page to ensure 1Password in the browser recognizes it in the future.

Jack

• Hi @SecretSquirrel:

This is the email address filling coming from the default email address field in an Identity item. 1Password detects fields that it thinks are sign up pages, and shows your email address(es) to make it easier to sign up. We can collect some page details about the specific page you're running into trouble with and "teach" 1Password that it's a login form, rather than a sign up form.

If you'd rather never be prompted to fill your email address in a form 1Password thinks is a sign-up page, then as a workaround you can create a second email address field in your Identity items, so it looks like this:

Jack

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.