How should we be reporting sites that won't autofil from 1Password?

Options

Hi,

I've a couple of sites that won't autofill when you select a 1Password entry in the extension dropdown.

I'll ask them here specifically, but the general question is - is this the right place/way for reporting them?

https://kb.smoothwall.com/hc/en-us - shows the 1P extension in the username field, but selecting my details in 1P just blanks the page; it never fills the field. (Same using the toolbar extension)

https://radio.southcraven.org/Deed/ - shows the 1P extension in the username field, but clicking it provides a regular browser list of recently used usernames; it never displays the 1P account list to choose from. If you go to the 1P toolbar extension and hit "autofill" it correctly populates the field contents and allows login. This is the only site that shows the regular list of usernames - Chrome autofill is disabled.

Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.4
OS Version: Win10 1909

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @howartp !

Just post the websites here and ask for help.

Furthermore, you could right-click the browser extension, select help and collect website data.

You will get a file that you could send to support@1password.com and reference to the discussion created here. 👌

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Where is the file generated by Collect Page Structure stored?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

On Windows 11 it is in the download folder. Just tested it and the file collected_page_structure.json was there...

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

On macOS?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not using macOS. Maybe someone else could help here?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@lysander

It should go to where you have all your downloads pointed. Typically the Downloads folder.

• howartp
    howartp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, i've sent collector logs for both sites to support.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, on macOS it deposits the file in username/downloads as: collected_page_structure.json

• 👍 Thanks everyone!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.