I used 1P 7, with an icon in the Firefox toolbar. After upgrading to 1P 8 I lost this handy icon.

I used 1Password 7 in my browser (Firefox) but lost this tool after upgrading to 1Password 8.
The 1Password Manager shows in the extension list of Firefox but the small icon in the toolbar does not show nor is listed as item in customize toolbar list.
Any suggestions on how to activate 1Password in Firefox?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:I used 1P 7, with an icon in the Firefox toolbar. After upgrading to 1P 8 I lost this handy icon.

Comments

• Hey @marvout:

That doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have when unlocking 1Password. Just to confirm, you've installed 1Password for Firefox from here, correct: Get started with 1Password in your browser

Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• marvout
    marvout
    Community Member

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for responding.
    The icon in the toolbar of my Firefox (101.0) still does not show in the toolbar nor in the customize toolbar menu, despite the fact that the 1Password-Password Mnanager (version 2.3.3) shows in the extension list and marked as enabled.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @marvout, I'm sorry about the trouble. It sounds like the 1Password extension is not pinned to Firefox's toolbar. Can you follow the steps in this guide to help fix that?

If you're unable to pin the extension to Firefox's toolbar, or if you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.