Two 1Password 8 for Safari bugs

Options

Hi Agile friends! Two bugs I have come across in 1Password for Safari version 2.3.3 (with 1Password for Mac version 8.7.0).

1. On my M1 MacBook Air running in clamshell mode (lid closed, external display connected) so my TouchID is not accessible, If 1Password is locked and I invoke the "Fill in Browser" shortcut ⌘+\, the full 1Password app is brought to the front to unlock with my master password. Once I have entered it, the 1Password for Safari Quick Access bar does not remember what website I am on. I have to dismiss it and re-summon it in order to fill properly. I recorded a screen capture, but I'm not sure I can upload it to the forum.
  2. If I invoke the "Fill in Browser" shortcut ⌘+\ on Morgan Stanley's login page (https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/#/home), 1Password fills my username correctly, but does not fill my password. Then, if I go up to the menubar item and click Autofill explicitly, it fills the password, but not in a way that Morgan Stanley accepts. I have to type an additional character into the password field and then delete it before I'm able to submit. Not sure if the problem is on your end or Morgan Stanley's, but I had no issue with the previous vintage of 1Password for Safari, so I thought I'd flag it.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @connorpj:

This is something we're tracking, and I've added you as affected to our internal issue on this. Hopefully we'll be able to sort this out in the future!

I don't have a Morgan Stanley account to test with, so I wasn't able to immediately replicate this. In the meantime, adding and removing a character would be your best bet!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15209

This discussion has been closed.