To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Issue with migrating data

Options
stein
stein
Community Member

I have a 1Password membership/account. I am operating 1Password for Mac 8.7.0.

I have been unable to migrate from DROPBOX TO 1PASSWORD account! My skill level is limited and I have read the instructions on the 1Password site to migrate but have not been able to understand the steps in which to achieve the migration.

Before I go any further, I want to ask if my data has already be migrated, since I am operating 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 ? How do I tell if data was migrated? If and when, I am able to migrate, do I delete the 1 Password files housed in DROPBOX?

I don’t understand the instructions that have been given, I used the following in my attempts to migrate data.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I have contacted 1Password support 3 times without any success of getting a reply for assistance.

Please advise, as I am most frustrated and want a resolution to the problem.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Hi @stein:

Thanks for asking. If you sign in to my.1Password.com, do you see all of your items there as expected?

Discussing specifics about any accounts you may have is best handled via email to protect your privacy and security. With that said, if you're using 1Password 8, and all of the items you'd expect to be there are there, then it's likely you've migrated your items previously, or haven't been using your standalone vault stored in Dropbox in some time.

Since you've reached out to us about this as well via email, I'll check with the appropriate team, so please keep an eye out.

Jack

ref: SYB-52323-127

• stein
    stein
    Community Member
    Options

TY, I appreciate your reply very much. Yes, when I open 1Password it appears that all is in order and what I expect to see. I will watch for further information from the team as to determine if all is correctly migrated, etc. Thanks again.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Sounds good. I see you've been corresponding with my colleagues please continue that discussion to prevent duplication of efforts.

• tilopa
    tilopa
    Community Member
    Options

I was part of a group subscription, but have since been dropped from the plan. I have 1Password on my computer with all my login info, but it's inactive. I want to resubscribe, but I'm worried I will lose all my info in the process. Will I be able to migrate the information from the old account to the new account?

• @tilopa that depends on whether or not you still have access to your items. Shoot us an email at support+forum@1password.com and our team will take a look at your account. 🙂

• bengoo
    bengoo
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having the same problem. I’m told to download psw 8 and choose “migrate data” from my current version psw7, but I can’t find any such option. Still waiting for email support to get back to me.

This discussion has been closed.