Worse user experience since 1P 8 in Safari Mac

Options
andreaskalt
andreaskalt
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
I've eagerly installed 1P 8 because it sounded very promising. Now, however, in Safari (Mac, macOS 12.3.1) I find the user experience much worse than with version 7.

When I click into a login field, I can see the 1P icon in the form field but when I click it, nothing happens. I have to use the keyboard shortcut which opens the full 1p window to unlock. When unlocked, the quick find bar is empty and only populates with the login for that page after I invoke the keyboard shortcut again. This was much more elegant before.

I also find the typing animation and the time lag it brings unnecessary and annoying. The fact that 1P now also presses the enter button takes some getting used to but ok.

I also can’t seem to invoke the suggestion of a new password with 1P 8 using only the browser. Before, I used to click the icon in the form and 1P would suggest a new password if there wasn’t one. Now, nothing happens when I click that icon.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Andreas

1Password Version: Mac 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• andreaskalt
    andreaskalt
    Community Member
    Options

So, no one from the 1Password teams seems to answer. Here’s a screen recording of one of the situations which is worse in the new version.

https://kalt.link/9q

When I click the 1P icon in the form field, I unlock and then … nothing happens. I have to click again for the credentials to show up and be clickable.

This is about 50 – 70 % of the time, at other times, the credentials show up by themselves but only after about 4 – 8 seconds.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks.
    Andreas

• ryanw7
    ryanw7
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

All I can say is that I agree with you about the user experience being worse in version 8. It's buggy and harder to find what I am looking for. I dislike the larger font of everything, which makes for more scrolling.

I am trying to figure out how to change the order that logins/passwords are suggested when I am logging into a website. For example, I have five different logins for my company's website because I use different accounts for testing. When I get to the login prompt and 1Password gives me a list of logins to choose from, the one I use the most is at the bottom of the list and I have to scroll to get to it every time. Seems like a small issue, I know, but it gets very annoying over time.

Hopefully, someone from 1P eventually responds to these comments.

This discussion has been closed.