To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am a longtime LastPass user, is there any "migration" to 1Password info?

Options
CharlieG
CharlieG
Community Member

I am new to 1Password but have used LastPass for years. I am migrating after seeing the Wirecutter recommendation. Any pointers on things to consideration for migrating ? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:LassPass

Comments

• Hi @CharlieG,

We actually have a guide listed within our Support articles on how to import your data from LastPass, you can find that guide right here: Move your data from LastPass to 1Password; this includes the steps to Export from LastPass and Import into 1Password as well as a helpful video and additional tips.

I hope that helps!

• CharlieG
    CharlieG
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I migrated to 1Password successfully!

• Ben
    Options

Awesome! Glad to hear it. 😃 If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• steenth
    steenth
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to import my Lastpass data to 1password but its either incomplete or corrupted. For example my current credit card appears to have expired and the 3 digit code on the back did not migrate. Also I would rather start with a fresh install, is there a way to delete whats been imported?

• BorealWanderer80
    BorealWanderer80
    Community Member
    Options

After following the migration support page and importing my LastPass CSV to 1Password, none of my login data appears in my 1Password vault, and it's showing that there are more records than appear in my exported CSV file (it has 203, while the vault shows 205 items imported). Also, I'm using the fields 'url', 'username', 'password', 'extra', 'name', 'grouping' and 'fav' as the CSV headers with no trailing commas (It didn't work using the raw export CSV, so I cleaned it up quite a bit).

Could the failure be due to a CSV formatting issue? Maybe the column names are named incorrectly? What is 1Password's expected data format / column mapping for imports? There are no spaces between any commas in the CSV, and no non-printable characters (with the obvious exception of newlines).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2022
    Options

@steenth

I've replied to your issue above in your other thread.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@BorealWanderer80

The Lastpass exports have had a long history of format changes and variations depending upon browser, type of export, and platform.

Generally you don't want to edit the CSV, as this can change an importer's handling of the data. I'm guessing that since you have 205 imported records but only have 203, two records were split, and that may have botched things.

If you are willing to try the lastpass converter from my converter suite, I'd be interested in your feedback and results. Support for 1Password 8's new import format (1PUX) was recently added, but I am still polishing the release.

If you are interested in trying this route, let me know, and I'll follow-up more here.

• BorealWanderer80
    BorealWanderer80
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Martin,

Here are the instructions I left for another user, converting from eWallet. The instructions will be identical for you, with the exception of course that you will be specifying the lastpass converter, and you are on Windows so have a few additional steps to perform.

Please see this post.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Here's a screenshot of a test run I just did, @BorealWanderer80 ,

This discussion has been closed.